If you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, you want it to look as good as possible. You regularly change the oil and rotate the tires, but have you ever done any maintenance on the outside of your car? Polishing is one way to keep it looking its best.
Reasons You Should Regularly Polish Your Vehicle
Polishing has benefits such as:
- Extending your paint job
- Buffing out scratches
- Getting rid of paint defects
- Increasing the resale price of the car
Materials You Need
The polish is one of the most critical materials. Polishes contain an abrasive, such as alumina, that gently gets rid of any imperfections. You can find reviews at places such as Auto Quarterly to help you figure out which brand is best for your car.
There are two methods for applying car polish. You can apply it by hand with a foam pad or use a machine. If you’re using a buffer or polisher, cover up anything nearby that might get splashed while you work.
Other things you’ll need:
- Safety protection such as goggles and gloves
- Soap and water for washing your car
- Wax (if you didn’t get an all-in-one product)
- A few microfiber towels
Steps for the Perfect Finish
There are six steps to getting your car looking brand new.
- Wash your vehicle.
- Test the polish first to make sure you’ll get the finish you want.
- Apply the polish in one area at a time, working in a back and forth pattern.
- Wash and rinse the vehicle again.
- Apply the wax and let it dry.
- Remove excess wax with a microfiber cloth.
Never polish a car with a warm or hot surface, because the polish and wax will dry too quickly. Start your project when the weather’s below 80 degrees and keep your …What You Need To Know When Polishing a Car Read More